Last Modified: July 19, 2017
Crowdfire Inc. (“Company” or “we”) respect your privacy
and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
information of consumer users across our websites, including www.crowdfireapp.com
(the “Website”), Crowdfire’s mobile application (the “App”)
and services offered to users (collectively, the “Services”), and from our partners and
other third parties. When using any of our Services you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, disclosure,
that is deemed sensitive under applicable law.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the
United States, India, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data
protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country
where you live.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we
will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Services. By
accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued
use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy
periodically for updates.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal
information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you
are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Services or on or through any of their features or
register an account, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services or
provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any
screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child
under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any
information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and other contact
details (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your usage details; and/or
- about your internet or mobile carrier connection and the computer or mobile device you use to access the
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you use our Services.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect when you interact with
the Services may include:
- Information that you provide when you set up an account. This includes information provided at the time of
registering an account or subscribing to our Services, for example your credit card or PayPal information.
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- User generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications)
which is exchanged with the public in connection with the use of the Services.
You may choose to give us access to your Gmail contacts to do things like send email newsletters and invite others to use the Services.
Usage Details. As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect
certain information about your equipment, location and usage details, including:
- Details of your activity through the Services, such as when you visit our Website, sign into our Services or
interact with a Third-Party Service Provider through the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system and browser
type), your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, or cookie
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. Like most online services and mobile applications, we
collect information about your activity, browser, and device. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by
activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to
access certain parts of the Services. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse
cookies, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Website.
If you opt to import contacts from your Gmail address book, we'll store those contacts on our servers
for you to use. We receive your selected contacts (including contact information your service
provider(s) or app automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses
or emails not already in your list). We could also receive personal data about you when
others import or sync their address book with our Services to send emails using our Services
(including newsletters, invites, and referrals).
- We use Appsee to understand our user experience and optimize it. Appsee records non-personal activity data from
a sample of our users, which may include: type and version of operation system; usage length; phone model;
country; screens visited in the App; touch gestures performed in the App; and scrolling activity. Please refer to
- We also use Hotjar to collect information about our users’ experience for the purpose of optimizing it.
Hotjar collects following information through your device and browser: your device's IP address (collected and
stored in an anonymized format); device screen size; device type (unique device identifiers) and browser
information; geographic location (country only); preferred language used to display the webpage. Please refer to
- Finally, we use Mixpanel to collect information about your use of the App Mixpanel’s use of information
available at https://mixpanel.com/terms. You may opt-out of Mixpanel’s
automatic retention of data at https://mixpanel.com/optout.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to
deliver better and more personalized Services by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The information collected through Mixpanel may contain personally identifiable information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and
administrative messages, and notify you about changes to the Services.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To enable you to send email newsletters and invites or referrals to our Services.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and
our selected partners.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
including for billing and collection.
- To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends,
improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share or disclose your public, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user
profile information, without restriction.
We may disclose personal, non-public information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution
or other sale or transfer of some or all of Crowdfire’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of
bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Crowdfire about our users is
among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory
including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Crowdfire
Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the
purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account. You may also delete your personal
information by deleting your user account. If you delete or change your personal information, copies of information
previously disclosed to the public may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or
stored by other users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from
unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on
you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you
are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via public networks such as the internet is not completely secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal
information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are
not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we
treat our users' personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your
account. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring
we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and
this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: [email protected]